Don’t delay your refund! Follow these tips to avoid common mistakes!
Get the Facts
Gather the following information to make filing easier!
- Your federal refund amount from last year
- The county you live in and the county number
- Your school district
- Social Security Number
- Know what you paid! Have your W-2 ready.
- Tell us about you: name, current mailing address, &
social security number
- Claiming Dependents? Enter their first name
- Married: Give us your spouse's name & social
Have income from another state?
- If you lived in Iowa but paid income tax in another state:
Use form IA 130
- If you lived in another state but have income from Iowa:
Use form IA 126
Health Insurance Premiums
Did you pay premiums on your own?
- Yes: Enter what you paid
- No: Leave this blank
Was your premium subtracted from your wages?
- Yes: Leave this blank
- No: Enter what you paid
Tuition and textbook tax credit
Keep receipts of what you spent!
Did you forget to file this one? Don’t worry! File an
amended Iowa Tax Return on paper. You will have
to include copies of your receipt.