Construction Contracts with Designated Exempt Entities - Who Are The Designated Exempt Entities?
"Designated Exempt Entity" Includes Only the Following:
- Private nonprofit educational institution in Iowa
- Nonprofit private museum in Iowa
- Tax-certifying or tax-levying body or governmental subdivision of Iowa, including the state board of regents, state department of human services, state department of transportation, and recreational lake and water quality districts
- Municipally-owned solid waste facility which sells all or part of its processed waste as fuel to a municipally-owned public utility
- All divisions, boards, commissions, agencies, or instrumentalities of state, federal, county, or municipal government which do not have earnings going to the benefit of an equity investor or stockholder
- Habitat for Humanity
- Rural water districts organized under Iowa Code Chapter 357A
- An entity that is an instrumentality of a county or municipal government, including an agent of the entity, if the instrumentality or agent was created for the purpose of owning real property located within a reinvestment district established under Iowa Code Chapter 15J. Such entities are entitled to a sales tax exemption on building materials, supplies, or equipment that are completely consumed in the performance of a construction contract to construct a project, which project has been approved by the economic development authority board in accordance with Chapter 15J.