ePay Information for Individuals
ePay lets you send a direct debit payment from your checking account.
- ePay is fast, easy, and secure.
- There is no convenience fee to use the service.
- You can schedule payments in advance.
For Individual Income Tax Payments - ePayments may be transmitted up to midnight on April 30.Click here and follow the online instructions to use ePay through the Department's eFile & Pay Service
Use ePay to make:
- Income tax return payments
- Quarterly income estimate payments
These payments may be made online whether or not you filed the return electronically.
How does it work?
- You will need your bank routing number and your checking account number.
- This information is on your paper check.
- Details are included in the ePay instructions to show you where to find this information.
Other Helpful Information
The final income tax payment option for the calendar year becomes available in eFile & Pay on February 3 of the following year.
If you file the Iowa Individual Income Tax Return with a spouse, when making a final ePayment (direct debit), enter the first name and Social Security Number listed on the tax return. The payment will be applied to the total amount due.