Search form

Farm Income / (Loss)

Back to Expanded Instructions Index 

Going back will take you to instructions for the current tax year.

Step 5
Step Subject: 
Gross Income

Enter the income or loss from federal Schedule F. Include a copy with your Iowa return.

The IA 4562A&B (pdf) may need to be completed if the taxpayer claimed the bonus depreciation / section 179 deduction on the federal return. For more information on bonus depreciation / section 179, see line 14.

Married Separate Filers:

Farm income must be reported by the spouse who claims it for self-employment tax purposes on the federal Schedule SE.

If the other spouse claims a share of the farm income, then that spouse must attach a worksheet showing how that share was determined based on capital contribution, management and control, and services rendered.

 Go to Line 10

 Go to Line 12