Search form

eFile & Pay

Gambling Winnings

Back to Expanded Instructions Index 

Going back will take you to instructions for the current tax year.

Step 5
Step Subject: 
Gross Income

You must report the full amount of gambling winnings. Report any Iowa tax withheld on line 66 of the IA 1040. Gambling losses may be reported as an itemized deduction on Schedule A, but you cannot deduct more than the winnings you report. 

Married Separate Filers:

The spouse to whom the income was paid must report that income.

Go to line 12

Go to line 14