Search form

Federal Tax Assistance

U.S. Government Web portal:

Income Tax

How to Obtain IRS Tax Return Information
Find an e-file provider in your area
FreeFile: To file your federal AND state returns free, use IDR's site.
IRS Website
IRS Statement on the "Get Transcript" Application
Comment on IRS tax forms and publications
IRS 1040 Central
Federal Forms: 1-800-829-3676 or online
Recorded Federal Information: 1-800-829-4477
Federal TTY: 1-800-829-4059
Federal Earned Income Tax Credit: Do you qualify?
Status of your current-year federal refund: 1-800-829-1954 or online
Last Year's Federal Refund: If you need to know the amount of last year's federal income tax refund for your Iowa return, check your records or call the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-1040.
Status of your federal amended return:  1-866-464-2050 or online

Business Taxes

Apply online to receive a Federal EIN
New Federal Withholding Tax Tables (pdf)
Federal Tax Payments
E-file W-2s with the Social Security Administration
For copies of federal returns and W-2s: Contact the IRS at 1-800-829-3676 and ask for form 4506.
Visit the IRS business Website
IRS Tax Calendar for Small Businesses and Self-Employed
Subscribe to free eNews for Small Businesses
Tax Basics for Exempt Organizations
U.S. State Comparisons of Tax Rates
IRS Español Web page
Contact Your Local IRS Office