Military Tax Information
The Iowa Department of Revenue has the following information available for those serving in the military and their spouses:
Iowa Tax Information
- Military Retirement Benefits Exclusion from Iowa Income Tax
- Tax Reminder: No Age Restriction for Military Retirement Benefits Exclusion
- Iowa Income Tax Responsibilities of Military Personnel (See this section of the Iowa Individual Income Tax Expanded Instructions)
- Disabled Veteran Homestead Property Tax Credit
- Property Tax Military Exemption
- Military Service Tax Exemption Application
- Military Service Tax Exemption - Notice of Transfer or Change in Use of Property
- Disabled Veteran Homestead Tax Credit Application
- Request for Deferral of Iowa Income Tax
Federal Tax Information
Power of Attorney
The Federal Power of Attorney form or a Military Power of Attorney is accepted by the Iowa Department of Revenue. To be valid, the Federal or Military form must contain a written statement that indicates it is being submitted for use with State of Iowa forms. The statement needs to be initialed by the taxpayer.
You can also use the Iowa Power of Attorney form.
How to send the Power of Attorney form
By mail: Registration Services, Iowa Department of Revenue
PO Box 10470, Des Moines, IA 50306-0470
By fax: 515-281-3906.
Only enclose a Power of Attorney with a return if it is an IA 706 (Iowa Inheritance Tax Return), an IA 1041 (Iowa Fiduciary Tax Return), or an IA 843 (Iowa Claim for Refund).