Welcome to the New Website!
Welcome to the Department's all-new website! The new site includes better navigation, improved search functions, and a simplified homepage. The Department utilized customer feedback and data analytics in designing and building the site.
“The Department’s vision is that Iowa should be a state where it is easy to understand and comply with tax obligations -- and our website needs to support that idea,” said Revenue Director Kraig Paulsen. “We understand that in order to do this, information needs to be easily accessible to taxpayers and tax professionals. We listened to user frustrations and suggestions and incorporated their ideas in the new site.”
Designed with taxpayers in mind, the new website will provide users with:
- Simplified home page. Informational banners highlight important items from the Department, easier access to the most-used applications, and recent news from the department.
- Better navigation. Navigate the website by who you are using I Am... or by what you need to do using I Need To… Policy information, reports, education, and tax reform information from the Department are now organized under Resources. The Need Help? menu provides easy access to common questions, fraud reporting, and contacting us.
- Improved search. Easily search the website for information you need.
- Updated forms library. Forms are now accessible from the main menu and are easier to search.
- Common Questions library. Get answers to common questions by using the topic filter or searching by keyword.
- Responsive design. The site adjusts to the user’s device and screen size.