Free federal and IA tax preparation & e-file for all who live in IA with an Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $32,000 or less. This offer is limited to three (3) free tax returns per computer.
Free federal and free state online tax preparation and e-filing if:
- Federal Adjusted Gross Income is between $16,000 and $72,000 regardless of age.
- Activity Duty Military with adjusted gross income of $73,000 or less will also qualify.
Free Federal and Iowa Returns if:
- Adjusted Gross Income of $65,000 or less, and
- Age 56 or younger, or
- Eligible for Earned Income Tax Credit, or
- Active Military with Adjusted Gross Income of $73,000 or less
Free electronic preparation and filing services for both Federal and Iowa tax returns to eligible Iowa taxpayers. For a taxpayer to be eligible to use our free services, they will need to meet the following requirements:
- Adjusted Gross Income of $41,000 or less, or
- Served active duty military in 2021 with Adjusted Gross Income of $73,000 or less
Please contact the customer support for the software product you’re using. The Department does not provide technical support for software products.
The Department provides this list of software vendors offering electronic filing solutions. The Department is not affiliated with any software companies, does not endorse any products, and is not responsible for software vendors’ products or errors that may occur in them.
In the event that a software vendor fails to meet federal and state requirements, the Department will remove them from this list.