Note: Admin users will automatically have access to this function. All sub-users will need access approved by their admin user.
- Login to eFile & Pay using your Business eFile Number (BEN). After confirming your BEN, enter your User ID and Password.
Note: The W-2 Key & Send function not available to bulk filers or service providers filing on behalf of their clients.
- Click W-2 Key & Send from the Main Menu.
- Select the withholding permit number you want to submit W-2s for from the drop down menu, then click Continue.
- W-3 Totals Declaration: Select the applicable tax year from the drop down menu and enter the information from your Form W-3. Each field should contain the totals of all W-2s to be transmitted to the Department. The Department is collecting limited data from the Form W-3. Read each line carefully to ensure the correct data is entered. When finished, click Continue.
*Do not key in dollar signs ($) when entering data.
- W-2 Detail Entry: Enter the information for each employee W-2. At the bottom of the screen, the system confirms the number of W-2s entered. The Department is collecting limited data from the Form W-2. Read each line carefully to ensure the correct data is entered. Complete each field, then click Continue to enter the next W-2.
* Do not key in dollar signs ($) when entering data.
- Verify W-3 Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal: After entering all W-2 information, you will be directed to the verification screen that shows the totals of all W-2s entered. If the sum totals do not match the W-3 Totals Declaration screen, then the errors will be displayed. If you receive an error message, use the Back button to make corrections as needed. If no errors are reported, click I Agree, Submit.
- W-3 Wage and Tax Statement Transmittal – Confirmation: Upon submitting the W-2 Key & Send report, you will receive a Confirmation Number for the successful upload which includes the date and time the report was received and the User ID that completed it. You can print or email the confirmation for your records.