News Release: GovConnectIowa Online Portal Now Available
GovConnectIowa is now available for Iowa business owners and business tax filers. The Iowa Department of Revenue and other state agencies are modernizing technology and processes to better serve Iowa taxpayers, resulting in this new and secure online portal.
In this initial rollout, the Iowa Department of Revenue, the Iowa Lottery Authority, Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals, and the Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division partnered to provide enhanced user-friendly tools that are accessible from anywhere, at any time.
Business owners now have access to streamlined options to:
- Register or renew certain business licenses and permits
- Pay certain license and permit fees
- File sales, use, withholding, and fuel tax returns and reports
- Submit deposits or payments for sales, use, withholding, and fuel taxes
- Communicate with state agencies
The Department is mailing letters to existing tax permit holders with instructions on how to access their tax accounts in GovConnectIowa. Before receiving the letter, business owners with existing tax permits can begin using GovConnectIowa’s Quick File and Quick Pay features today! Visit govconnect.iowa.gov to access these features.
For more information about GovConnectIowa, including important dates, how-to information, and other educational resources, visit tax.iowa.gov/modernization.
Later rollouts in this multi-year project will simplify processes for corporate income taxpayers, individual income taxpayers, local government tax equalization and distributions, and more.
Important Dates for Taxpayers
November 2, 2021
- eFile & Pay is no longer available for motor fuel tax returns, payments, or refund claims and filing of W-2 and 1099 forms.
- Future dating of eFile & Pay payments, PayDebtIowa payments, and credit card payments is unavailable.
- Taxpayers can make payments in these systems on the day they want the payment to be processed. Taxpayers can choose to file their tax returns in one session and return to the system to submit payment at a later date.
November 15, 2021
- GovConnectIowa is available for sales, use, withholding, and fuel tax filers.
- All fuel tax returns, payments, and refund claims must be filed using GovConnectIowa.
- All businesses registered after this date that wish to file online must file and make payments in GovConnectIowa.
February 4, 2022
- eFile & Pay will no longer be available for sales, use, or withholding taxes. All sales, use, and withholding taxes must be filed using GovConnectIowa.