Changes Coming: GovConnectIowa, eFile & Pay, CACTAS
GovConnectIowa is the State of Iowa’s user-friendly self-service portal to register or renew certain business licenses and permits, file tax returns and reports, make payments, and more. The second rollout of a multi-year effort to simplify processes for taxpayers doing business in Iowa will launch on November 14.
To prepare for the launch, the following changes will be made to current platforms:
- All saved drafts currently in GovConnectIowa will be deleted on November 10, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. CST. To avoid losing information, please submit all saved draft items in GovConnectIowa before this time.
- GovConnectIowa will be unavailable from 6:00 p.m. CST November 10, 2022, until 12:00 p.m. CST (noon) November 14, 2022, to allow for the new functionality to be installed.
- eFile & Pay: Corporate income tax payment functionality will be removed from eFile & Pay on October 31, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. CST. Taxpayers are encouraged to download or save any historical information they wish to keep before this date. Future corporate income tax payments can be made using GovConnectIowa starting November 14, 2022.
- CACTAS: Tax credit applications and administration will not be available in CACTAS after October 31, 2022. Tax credit functionality will be available in GovConnectIowa starting November 14, 2022. Taxpayers are encouraged to download or save any historical information they wish to keep before this date. Learn more about downloading your information in CACTAS.
The new items available in GovConnectIowa beginning on November 14 include:
- The ability to manage accounts, make payments, and more for corporate, S corporation, partnership, and franchise taxpayers.
- The ability to apply for and manage tax credits with the Iowa Department of Revenue, Iowa Utilities Board, and Iowa Economic Development Authority.
- Additional license types and updated functionality for business taxpayers.
- Improved GovConnectIowa account management tools and capabilities.
For detailed information about what will be available, see the previous news release.
Educational materials, how-to guides, and more help information will be available in the upcoming weeks. Subscribe to email updates to ensure you receive notifications for education webinars and upcoming events.