Important Changes for Iowa Tax Filers
The Iowa Department of Revenue is in the third phase of a multi-year initiative aimed at modernizing and simplifying procedures for both individual taxpayers and businesses across the State of Iowa. On November 13, 2023, the State will add additional tax types and increase online service functionality through GovConnectIowa, the State’s secure online tax and licensing e-Services portal. This third phase includes:
- New features for individual income tax, fiduciary and inheritance taxpayers to make payments and manage their accounts
- Administration of the State of Iowa Setoffs Program
- Expanded functionality for the Department of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing
Five State of Iowa agencies already use GovConnectIowa as part of their mission to make it easier to do business in Iowa and better serve Iowa’s taxpayers:
- Iowa Department of Revenue
- Iowa Department of Inspections, Appeals, and Licensing
- Iowa Economic Development Authority
- Iowa Finance Authority
- Iowa Utilities Board
- eFile & Pay will no longer be available after November 1, 2023. Payments dated later than October 31, 2023 will not be accepted on eFile & Pay.
- PayDebt.Iowa.Gov will be unavailable November 7-15. Effective November 16, 2023, you may use this site to make a payment or create a payment plan for the amount you owe related to Motor Vehicle Use tax, Cigarette/Tobacco tax, Drug Tax Stamp, Environmental Protection, and Elderly Credit.
- GovConnectIowa will be unavailable from November 8 at 6:00 pm until November 13 at 12:00 pm.
- Effective November 13, 2023 at 12:00pm, visit GovConnectIowa to make payments related to individual income, fiduciary, inheritance, sales and use, withholding, field, and corporate income taxes.
Sign up for our upcoming webinar, New & Updated GovConnectIowa Features, on November 1, for more information.
Updated educational materials, how-to guides, and tutorial videos are available to assist taxpayers and business owners with using GovConnectIowa. Learn more about the modernization effort and GovConnectIowa at tax.iowa.gov/modernization. To receive notifications of resources and guidance issued by the Department, subscribe to updates.