View More Questions
Who can use GovConnectIowa?
The following tax and license types are currently supported:
- Income Tax Withholding
- Sales and Use Tax
- Water Service Excise Tax
- Fuel Tax
- Corporate Tax
- S Corporation Tax
- Partnership Tax
- Franchise Tax
- Iowa Alcoholic Beverages Division License Application and Renewal
- Iowa Lottery Authority License Application
- Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals License Renewal
Future GovConnectIowa rollouts will include additional taxes and licenses. Learn more about the rollout timeline.
What do I need to register for tax permits using GovConnectIowa?
Before starting the registration process with the Iowa Department of Revenue, you must have specific information about your business:
- Legal name, location, and mailing address of the business
- Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN)
- NAICS code
- Name, address, and social security number of all managing owners, partners, or officers
- Contact email address and phone number
What is the bank filter number for payments submitted in GovConnectIowa?
If your bank requires the Iowa Department of Revenue's Bank Filter (Company-ID), it is 9426004574 for payments submitted in GovConnectIowa.
I paid on time, why does my payment show it's late?
All first time payments submitted through GovConnectIowa are required to be verified with the taxpayer's bank to ensure compliance with banking industry rules. The verification process can take up to 5 business days before the payment is applied to the tax liability, and may cause a balance due. This may result in penalty and interest showing on your GovConnectIowa account. Penalty and interest will be automatically recalculated once the payment has been successfully applied.
What type of permit do I need?
Visit the Starting a Business page to learn more.
GovConnectIowa works best with the most recent versions of these browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge