Business Permit Registration

Permit Registration Overview

Your business must register for a separate permit number for the following tax types:

  • Sales Tax
    • Automobile Rental Tax
    • Hotel/Motel Tax
  • Consumer’s Use Tax
  • Retailer’s Use Tax
  • Withholding Tax
  • Water Service Excise Tax

After you have completed your registration request, retain a copy for your records.   You may begin to collect tax immediately; your copy will serve as the proof of registration until you receive your permit number.  You will receive a letter containing your Business eFile Number (BEN), your permit number and instructions on how to file and remit taxes.  Please allow up to 6 weeks from the time you submit your application to receive your documents in the mail.

Request a Copy

You can request a copy of your permit and Business eFile (BEN) Letter by completing form 92-035 available within the Tax Forms Index