The Iowa Department of Revenue has retained ACI Payments to offer individuals and businesses the opportunity to pay certain taxes and fees by credit or debit card over the Internet or by telephone. This service is safe, reliable, and in accordance with all state and government regulations.
- Iowa individual income tax due from line 75 of your Iowa 1040
- Iowa estimated individual income tax payments
- Delinquent tax debt if you received a billing from the Iowa Department of Revenue (sales, withholding, individual income taxes)
- Sales, retailer's use, consumer's use, and withholding taxes
When paying by credit card, ACI Payments charges a 2.45% convenience fee for each payment transaction, with a minimum fee of $3.95. This fee will be charged to the card being used.
Credit Cards Accepted:
- American Express
Convenience fees for debit card payments start at $3.95 per transaction.
Debit Card Accepted:
The Iowa Department of Revenue does not receive or charge any fees for payments.
- The type of tax or fee
- A bill or invoice number
- Your card information
- The amount of the current tax payment or billed delinquent payment
- Your Social Security Number, business permit number, or federal identification number
- If paying by telephone, enter a valid Iowa ZIP Code or Jurisdiction Code when prompted (enter 2500 for current tax payments or 2502 for billed delinquent payments)
- Tell you the total of your payment including the appropriate fee
- Obtain approval of the charge
- Issue an onscreen confirmation number and a printable digital receipt
- Send a confirmation email to users who request it
- Separate the charges on your card statement: the tax amount on one line, the convenience fee amount on a separate line
The following links take you to ACI Payments for current tax payments and the paydebt.iowa.gov website for delinquent tax and court debt. Please be sure you choose the appropriate link for your payment type. A large number of errors occur when payments are made using an incorrect link.
Links to make payments on current tax due:
- Iowa individual income tax “total amount due” as shown on the IA 1040
- Withholding Tax
- Income Estimated Payments
- Sales, Retailer's Use, Consumer's Use Taxes
Links to make payments of billed delinquent payments: