Employers: How to Obtain a Refund of Iowa Withholding

Do not use the IA 843, Claim for Refund, to receive a refund of withholding tax.

To receive a refund of Iowa withholding:

To receive a refund of Iowa withholding, due to jobs credit:

  • File an amended Withholding Tax Quarterly Return (44-095) for each affected quarter.
  • On the amended return(s), indicate only the jobs credit earned in that quarter.
    • If you were awarded a tax credit certificate for the period being filed, a withholding credit schedule will be provided through GovConnectIowa. Each credit claimed against withholding tax is recorded separately on this schedule. Information entered on the credit schedule will be automatically populated on the amended withholding quarterly return.
  • NOTE: Do not combine multiple quarters of jobs credits.

View more information: Iowa Withholding Tax Return and Jobs Credits


Questions about GovConnectIowa, contact Taxpayer Services.