Employers: How to Obtain a Refund of Iowa Withholding
Do not use the IA843, Claim for Refund, to receive a refund of withholding tax.
To receive a refund of Iowa withholding:
- File an amended quarterly withholding return(s).
To receive a refund of Iowa withholding, due to jobs credit:
- File an amended quarterly withholding return for each affected quarter.
- On the amended return(s), indicate only the jobs credit earned in that quarter.
- For tax periods beginning 7-1-12 and after, if you were awarded a tax credit certificate for the period being filed, a withholding credit schedule will be provided through eFile & Pay. Each credit claimed against withholding tax is recorded separately on this schedule. Information entered on the credit schedule will be automatically populated on the amended withholding quarterly return.
- For periods through 6-30-12, the amended returns should properly show the amount of jobs credit on line 3 of the quarterly return.
- NOTE: Do not combine multiple quarters of jobs credits.
Questions about jobs credit refunds? Contact Jennifer Chance
Questions about eFile & Pay? Contact the Taxpayer Services