On June 29, 2020 Governor Reynolds signed into law House File 2641. The Department has released updated guidance to explain this tax change as it reflects to Sales and Use Tax.
- Sales and Use Tax Changes from House File 2641 -
House File 2641 enacted several changes and clarifications to Iowa tax laws on topics of administration, income, sales, and property tax. This is intended to be a basic overview of the sales and use tax provisions of this Act. The Department will implement these changes through the administrative rulemaking process or by providing additional guidance as needed. The Iowa tax laws that were revised included:
- Computer Peripherals
- Updates to Certain Digital Products and Services
- Preserve Whitetail Hunting Exemption
- Tribal Governments
- Exemptions and Refunds on Certain Construction Projects
- Manufactured Housing Use Tax Rate
- Sales and Use Collection Obligations
- Snowmobile and ATV Sales Tax Collection
This information was sent via GovDelivery to those subscribed to receive Law & Policy updates from the Department. To receive notifications of resources and guidance issued by the Department, subscribe to updates by selecting the tax topics of interest.