Pay Delinquent Debt

Pay Online - If you have received a delinquent tax assessment, or a billing notice from the Iowa Department of Revenue.

You can set up a payment plan or make a one-time payment through this online payment service. Payment methods include credit card, direct debit from a checking account, or mail a paper check with the Department provided payment voucher. When paying by credit card, the Department’s vendor charges a convenience fee based on the amount of the payment. This fee will be charged to the card being used.

Set Up a Payment Plan

Payment plans can be set up for as many as 36 months.

Make a Payment


In-Person: Pay by Cash

What is my account number?

An account number is assigned to any debt processed by the Iowa Department of Revenue. Your account number is identified on assessment and billing notices from the Department. The account number is not a social security number or FEIN.

Note: The Iowa Department of Revenue no longer accepts payments from financial institutions located outside the United States.

Proof of Payment

A receipt for confirmation of payments will be provided for proof of payment. This number can be provided to the Department of Revenue if you need an immediate release of your registration block or other legal actions being taken.

Questions? Call the number on your latest billing letter for assistance.