Search form

Schedule C Filers May Need Sales Tax Permit

Taxpayers who file a federal Schedule C with their income tax return should check whether they might need an Iowa sales tax permit. The Schedule C is used to report income from a business. Businesses selling taxable products or performing taxable services must have a permit to properly charge sales tax to their customers. 

For more information on retailers required to have a sales tax permit, see the Permit Requirements page. 

Taxpayers who need to apply for a permit should apply through the online business registration system.