The 1987 Iowa Groundwater Protection Act includes provisions that affect retailers of Household Hazardous Materials (HHM) in two ways.
- Retailers who sell HHMs are required to.
- Complete an Iowa Business Tax Permit Registration, 78-005 form from the Iowa Department of Revenue
- Request a HHM permit through the Business Tax Permit Registration Form
- A consumer information program is available for retailers, allowing them to:
- Provide consumers with brochures, containing detailed information about HHMs and their proper disposal
- Display informational signs near products to explain labeling and direct consumers to brochures.